Monday, October 31, 2011

Higuain: Real Madrid Must be More Relaxed

MADRID - Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain has asked his colleagues to stay relaxed in the face of competition in the Spanish La Liga this season, including against their perennial rivals, Barcelona.

Los Merengues lead by one point from Barcelona in La Liga standings after 10 games and 23-year-old player has urged his colleagues to stay grounded.

"This is when we should be more relaxed than before. We were ranked first as a result of our hard work. But there's still a long way to us through," said Higuain as reported by Goal, Tuesday (01/11/2011).

"We should proceed with humility, perseverance and a cool head," said the Argentina international players this.

Higuain has scored 10 goals for Real Madrid until recently, also spoke about his return from a back injury that had threatened his career.

"I am very grateful that I can continue playing football. Because that's what I like. But the injury really makes me hard. But now I feel good and I enjoy being part of this team again," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites